Thursday, May 06, 2004

Back to blogging, at a crossroads

After five months, I have decided to start blogging again. I was distracted by holidays, playing Age of Mythology, loafing, tutoring friends and family, job hunting, and the discovery of the utterly addictive Wikipedia.

This blog remains private (unadvertised) for now, but if you stumbled on it by accident , please drop me an email.

On the personal front, while waiting for feedback from job interviews, I am seriously considering getting a post-graduate degree (in Informatics, Mathematics , Statistics, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering) or even a UHDE (or whatever it's called now), part-time. I'm also considering branching off into something totally different like economics, philosophy or English.

In the meantime, I'm experimenting with Dreamweaver MX 2004, and MySQL and filling a hole in my education, which didn't include much about web design, or web application development.

I saw Cape Town for the first time in January, and I fell in love with the place. It has to be the most beautiful city that I have ever visited, and I'd gladly take a salary knock to move down there. On the other hand, Durban has its attractions as well... For now though, my domicile, and the name of this site, will remain the same.

By the way, feel free to edit any of the above Wikipedia links, after reading this introduction. There is a shortage of contributors on South Africa-related topics.