Friday, May 07, 2004

Daily Links 07/05/2004

  • What we don't see: The Telegraph has a fascinating article that discusses the surprisingly small capacity of human visual memory. [Link via Crooked Timber]
  • . I had some exposure to the interesting field of cognitive psychology during my studies, and it's interesting to see it confirmed that the human mind is not well-suited to the modern world, and needs all the help it can get.
  • A plague is about to hit the United States, and the Economist explains how the insects concerned have evolved a prime-numbered life-cycle of 17 years. [Link via Crooked timber].

  • Modern armies are afflicted by a plague of a different kind - the cheap and effective RPG, as the War Nerd explains . [Link via Steve Sailer]

  • I'm not surprised to see that my taste in music mirrors that of listeners to the Top8@8, on 94.7 Highveld Stereo, in my opinion, the best radio station in South Africa.